September is historically the most active month of hurricane season. With that in mind, our Montco Oilfield Solutions Team wanted to send out a reminder of a few tips on how you can be proactive and prepare your family before a storm.
Here are the 5 things that you can do now:
1. Know your evacuation zone and shelter locations and sign up for emergency alerts with your local county/parish, city or town.
2. Check that your insurance policy is current and know what you are covered for. It is also a good idea to have copies of important documents readily available, or password protected digital copies.
3. Build a disaster supply kit. Have at least three days of supplies for each person, taking into consideration special needs such as medications. Don’t forget about your pets!
4. Protect your property by clearing drainage and gutters, installing hurricane shutters or installing check valves in plumbing to prevent backups.
5. If you notice your neighbor needing help in prep – please be kind and lend a hand.
Are you prepared for hurricane season? Find out how you can prepare and know your evacuation zone.
Visit flash.org/hurricanestrong to find out more. #HurricanePrep #ItOnlyTakesOne